So you want to learn and earn from the Philippines stock market? You may want to start with the things every newbie should know about the stock market. It highlights the most basic questions about the stock market, how to get started in investing, where to invest, what are some of the best blogs and online resources when investing in the stock market.
Steps on How to Open an Account with CitisecOnline:
1. Choose an a trading/investing account
Options available are Personal Accounts which is divided in Regular Account and the EIP (Easy Investment Program) and Corporate Accounts.
a. Regular Account
- Minimum deposit of P 25,000).
- It is a personal trading account that be owned by a single person or jointly.
b. EIP (Easy Investment Program)
- Minimum deposit – P 5,000
- Uses a calendared Cost Averaging Strategy. It means that you will have to follow a schedule and regular investment on the account (for example: P5,000 monthly)
2. Download and fill up the Personal Account or Corporate Account Forms
Over-the-Counter via CitisecOnline Business Center
CitisecOnline Business Center
2403B East Tower, Philippine Stock Exchange Centre,
Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Philippines
*It is IMPORTANT to indicate the CITISECONLINE ACCOUNT HOLDER’S NAME and COL ACCOUNT NUMBER when making payments to ensure proper and timely credit to your account.
Minimum Initial Deposit for EIP Account: P5,000
Minimum Initial Deposit for Regular and Corporate Account: P25,000
6. Login to your CitisecOnline Account
Once your account has been approved and funded, your log-in details will be sent to you via email.
7. Have fun investing and trading!
Should you have any investing and finance-related questions, feel free to ask me and I will try to answer them in the next Reader Asks section of this blog.
Note: I am not in any way affiliated with CitisecOnline but in my personal experience and from what I’ve heard from other traders, opening an account and investing with CitisecOnline is easy EIP (Easy Investment Program). Other options are thought BPI and Metro Bank.